49 Free Print & Play Games
Print and play games are a perfect cost-effective way to add board games to your collection check out this extensive list of free games to get you started.
What are Print and Play Games?
A Print & Play versions of a game is a game that is not published in a physical form. Instead, the rules and components are available in a digital format, and players are able to then print them off at there home or at a print shop and assemble them themselves.
Using tools like binding spray to make cards, corner rounders to round cardboard, laminators and guillotines Often, some additional, non-printable components are required as well like dice and wooden cubes and meeples but can be purchased from Amazon or other sites for cheap. (Amazon links included on the names of the products to get you started and help you support this page)
Please note: You will need to click on the title of the game to download the files.
Here are 49 Games to Get you Started
- KILL DOCTOR LUCKY
The first Cheapass Games title, published in 1996. You and your fellow players are bloodthirsty killers on a quest to murder an old man in his house.
- BEFORE I KILL YOU, MISTER SPY…
You’re a supervillain! Capture hapless spies in your secret lair, and then either kill them right away so they don’t escape or taunt them first for extra points.
- BEN HVRT
You’re an aristocrat in Ancient Rome with a hundred Ducats burning a hole in your pocket, and you’re going to gamble them on chariot races—including your own chariot, outfitted with deadly weapons.
- BLEEDING SHERWOOD
You’re a traveling salesman, following Robin Hood through Sherwood Forest. He gives money to the poor, and then you sell them a bunch of expensive crap they don’t need.
You’re useless teenagers looting a shopping mall in the middle of the night. Like ya do. Lovingly illustrated by Phil Foglio.
- GET OUT
You’re a listless teenager living in your parents’ basement. Your goal is to get a job, get an apartment, and perhaps even get a life.
You’re a performer at Ye Merrie King James Faire, determined to entertain the crowds better than everyone else, so you can keep your job. There’s only one catch: The faire director hates everything the audience likes.
A simple puzzle game, with cards depicting various collections of nodes and connecting lines. Players take turns playing cards and capturing nodes, trying to control the most valuable nexuses.
- THE VERY CLEVER PIPE GAME
One of James Ernest’s only pure abstract games. Create enclosed sets of your pipe color and score the cards in that section.
- GIVE ME THE BRAIN
You and your colleagues are zombies working at a fast food restaurant, and you have only one brain to pass around.
- LORD OF THE FRIES
It’s pretty hard to get anything done around here, since everyone is dead. But don’t let that worry you. As strange as it sounds, the dead can still assemble combo meals.
- PARTS UNKNOWN
Ever wonder what it was like to manage a body parts retail store in the age of mad science? Of course not! But it was probably exactly like this.
- DEVIL BUNNY BUNNANZA
A hostile bunny, saltwater taffy, and falling off skyscrapers for the sake of a ham. Includes Devil Bunny Needs a Ham and Devil Bunny Hates the Earth.
Mmm, Bugs. You can’t eat just one. We suspect the gravediggers from Parts Unknownplay this game from dawn to dusk.
- THE BIG CHEESE
You’re all managers at a huge company of rats. Your goal is complete projects by assigning your people to them, but the more people you assign, the longer the projects take. Just like in real life.
- FIGHT CITY
Story? What story? It’s a city, and they fight. Inspired by the early trading card games, Fight City is a fast-playing card game with the potential for endless variety in deck construction.
- ESCAPE FROM ELBA
You’re Napoleon, and so is everybody else, in this escape-themed board game where you build words out of trash.
- SAVE DOCTOR LUCKY
It’s a cold night in the North Atlantic. The ship they called “Unsinkable” is going down by the head. And you and your despicable friends want to go down in history by being seen saving Doctor Lucky
- THE GREAT BRAIN ROBBERY
A cadre of wild zombies have decided to rob a train full of brains. It took them a while to figure out that any train filled with passengers is also a train full of brains. But now here we are.
Agora is the Greek word for marketplace. It’s what you’re afraid of when you have agoraphobia.
- THE DOCTOR LUCKY AMBIVALENCE PACK
Suppose you have a Doctor Lucky, and you can’t decide whether to kill him or to save him. The Doctor Lucky Ambivalence Pack contains an expansion board for either option.
- WITCH TRIAL
Do your best to persuade an unpredictable jury in dozens of hard cases. Of course, it doesn’t really matter who lives and who dies; like everything else, it’s all about the money.
- UNEXPLODED COW
Two problems with a common solution: Mad cows from England and unexploded bombs in France.
- U.S. PATENT NO. 1
You’re all scientists who have invented time travel, each from a different point in history. But it really doesn’t matter when you started, because now you’re all racing to the day the patent office opens, July 30, 1790, to secure US Patent No. 1.
- CAPTAIN PARK’S IMAGINARY POLAR EXPEDITION
Adventure! Excitement! These are the things about which you’ll be lying through your teeth, in this non-daring romp that never sets foot outside London.
The best things in life are other people’s things. Freeloader is a game about mooching off others. Wander the streets trying to “borrow” food, clothing, and shelter, and maybe score a few points with the finer things.
- ONE FALSE STEP FOR MANKIND
It’s the California Gold Rush, and your little corner of the world is so rich that you’ve decided to engage in a race to the Moon! What good is being rich if you can’t launch a few poorly-made moon rockets?
- JACOB MARLEY, ESQ.
Long before Scrooge and Marley became the best of friends, young Jacob Marley ran an efficient little money lending firm in the heart of Dickensian London. The second best banking game you will ever play.
- SECRET TIJUANA DEATHMATCH
You’re a wrestling promoter, luring bankrupt American businessmen into back-alley fights south of the border. You’ll pay your marks a million dollars if they win five fights, so your hope is that they only win four.
- ENEMY CHOCOLATIER
You’re a disgruntled employee of the world’s most famous chocolate maker. You will take your secret family recipe, escape, and start your own factory as soon as you collect enough chocolate, sugar, nuts, and love.
- CHIEF HERMAN
Enjoy Chief Herman’s Holiday Fun Pack and Chief Herman’s Next Big Thing, two packs of over two dozen games each!
- Ninjitsu is a card game for 2-5 sneaky ninjas, suitable for players of all ages. A stand-alone sequel to the hit game Scuttle!, this game of devious bluffing and subterfuge will keep the whole family entertained for hours.
- BURGER UP Burger Up is a fantastic card matching puzzle game focused around the art of burger making. Published by Australian based publisher Rule & Make and designed by Allen, Alister, Matt & Stephen.
- MINT WORKS Mint Works is a light and straightforward worker placement game. Its compact size makes it easy to put in your pocket and take it anywhere. Its simple rules make it easy to introduce new players to the genre of worker placement.
- MINT DELIVERY Mint Delivery is a mint tin-sized, a pick-up-and-deliver board game designed to be quick-to-play and easy-to-learn.
- MINT COOPERATIVE The “big game in a tiny tin” Mint Series continues with Mint Cooperative, a co-op game that fits in a mint tin!
- RUSTY INDUSTRY The Industrial King wants Rusty Kingdom to be the economic supremacy of the World! He invented a grading system to increase competition between ventures in Rusty Kingdom. The venture that scores the highest mark will get a heavy bag of shiny gold coins.
- Welcome to Dino World Build and manage your own dinosaur park in this strategic roll and write game for 1 or more players. Roll dice, draw pens and try not to let any dinosaurs escape!
- Utopia Engine Utopia Engine is a free print-and-play dice game for one player. … You must recover the machine’s six parts from six dangerous regions and assemble the Utopia Engine before the world ends
- Torpedo Dice In this interactive roll-and-write game, players draft dice and shoot torpedoes at their enemy submarine
- Doctor Who: Solitaire Story Game (Second edition) A solitaire paragraph-booklet adventure game where the player assumes the role of the intrepid Time Lord himself – the Doctor!
- Pin-up Rummy In Pin-up Rummy, you are a vintage pin-up painting collector, and you want to have the very best collection that no one ever had.
- Paiko A 2 player strategy game designed to encourage changing tactics and dynamic strategy to adapt to the other players moves. Perfect information.
- 1849: The Game of Sicilian Railways A deep 18XX. All material in the files section.
- ROOT Root is an asymmetric game of adventure and war for 2-4 players.
- Valor & Victory This is very much “Squad Leader Lite”, and I mean that in a positive way. Lots of WWII squad-level fighting without all the cruft that a certain Advanced game
- Secret Hitler The “official” PnP is B/W only, however, if you look around there are other versions floating around.
- Rainbow Deck If you are interested in short filler card or board games, or portable boardgames to bring along on travel trips, then the Rainbow Deck is for you! It is basically a 100-games-in-1 cardgame system.
- VAST The latest Print and Play files for Vast: The Crystal Caverns second printing are available
- Bloc by Bloc: The Insurrection Game In Bloc by Bloc: The Insurrection Game, each player controls a faction of revolutionaries