lets start a board game cafe or lets add games to our cafe is a statement thats come across most board gamers lips.
We have all thought about it once or twice being avid board gamers but here are some things to consider when deciding to add board games to your cafe:
- Space: One of the most important factors to consider when adding board games to your cafe is the amount of space you have available. You’ll need to make sure you have enough room to set up tables and chairs for customers to comfortably play the games. Additionally, you’ll need to consider where the games will be stored when not in use. You can create a dedicated game room or make use of an underutilized area.
- Selection of games: The next thing to consider is the selection of games that you’ll offer. You’ll want to choose a mix of popular and classic games, as well as newer titles to attract a wide range of customers. You should also consider offering games that are suitable for different age groups and skill levels.
- Game rental: You can also offer game rental service to your customers, where they pay a fee to use the games while they’re in your cafe. It’s important to have clear rules in place for game rental, such as time limits and fees for lost or damaged pieces.
- Staff: Your staff will be responsible for setting up and cleaning up the games, as well as helping customers choose the right game for them. It’s important that your staff are knowledgeable about the games and can provide instructions on how to play.
- Advertising: It’s important to let customers know that you now offer board games, and how it adds value to their experience in your cafe. You can create a menu specifically for the games and their prices, or post signages to inform customers of the new addition. You can also let customers know via social media and other marketing channels to attract new customers who may be interested in this service.
- Game nights: You could host game nights on a regular basis to attract a dedicated group of customers who are interested in playing games. You could also offer discounts or promotions on certain nights to encourage customers to come in and play.
- Game maintenance: Keep in mind that board games can get worn out over time, so it’s important to maintain them by checking for missing or damaged pieces, and keeping the games clean. You can also consider having a repair kit on hand for minor repairs.
- Insurance: You will need to have proper insurance in place to cover any damages or injuries that occur while customers are playing the games. You should also advise customers to be careful when playing and supervise children.
By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision about whether adding board games to your cafe is the right move for you, and if so, how to implement it in a way that will be successful and grow your business.